"What is a 'Friday Twiz', Nickie?" I hear you ask. The simple answer is that on a Friday, on Twitter, we hold a pub quiz. Friday Twiz!
To join in, all you have to do is the following:
2. When the TwizMaster asks a question, tweet the answer and include the hashtag #fridaytwiz
#fridaytwiz Take That and Lulu
"Why should I join in, Nickie?" is your next question, isn't it? Well, firstly, it's a good way to get to know new people as everyone joining in will be using the hashtag #fridaytwiz (hopefully) and there are ways to see who is using that hashtag (more of that in a minute). Also, you get to show off your general pub-quiz knowledge in a friendly environment. There is no prize (other than kudos) - this is for fun only.
1. The FridayTwiz will start at 9.30 (ish) on Friday evening, UK time.
2. Your answer must include the hashtag #fridaytwiz (and could be tweeted to @FridayTwiz if you feel the need, but this is not necessary)
4. The first, second and third correct tweet will @mentioned in the answer tweet by @FridayTwiz.
5. If @FridayTwiz TwizMaster
falls down drunk pauses the twiz for any length of time for any time then the FridayTwiz is deemed to be "on a break" until further notice. Please chat amongst yourselves during this time.
6. The FridayTwiz will end when @FridayTwiz either runs out of questions or participants.
Hints and Tips:
- Follow the #FridayTwiz stream to meet new people, join in conversations and interact. If you don't want to spam your timeline then @reply to the @FridayTwiz account when answering questions.
- Download a viewing application for Twitter such as Tweetdeck or Seesmic and become adept at using it. This will set you in good stead for general Twitter use anyway.
- Do not sulk if you were right and didn't get a mention. Remember Rule 2 and Rule 3.
- Have Fun!!
If you've got any suggestions for FridayTwiz themes or if you would like to be a Guest Twizmaster for a week please email me or by sending me a DM (direct message) on Twitter and we'll sort something out.
* * *